City of Broken Arrow releases new mobile app
Source: City of Broken Arrow
It’s like having City Hall at your fingertips.
The City of Broken Arrow has launched the new My Broken Arrow Action Center mobile application for smartphones and tablets which features increased functionality and ease of use for Broken Arrow residents and visitors.
“Our focus was to create an app that meets the needs of our citizens in a way that is beneficial to them,” said City Manager Michael Spurgeon.
The My Broken Arrow Action Center app is a one-stop shop for the latest city news, upcoming events, utility payment portal, permit or license applications, reporting of non-emergency issues or concerns, and much more.
“We pride ourselves in providing first-class customer service for our community and this new app is an extension of that commitment. The My Broken Arrow Action Center app makes it easier for folks to make a payment, complete an application, or find things to do in our community. But it does not replace the personal connection with city staff,” said Mr. Spurgeon. “Simply put, the app makes it more convenient for our citizens to interact with us on their schedule, not ours.”
Features of the new My Broken Arrow Action Center app include:
- Citizen reporting of non-emergency issues, like code enforcement violations, potholes, missing pets, and more
- Apply for or renew city permit or license
- City events calendar
- Dining, shopping, lodging options in Broken Arrow
- Connect with City Councilors and city leadership
- View interactive map of City projects
- Read latest headlines in the City news section