Rainbow Trout fishing coming to Broken Arrow Events Park
Source: City of Broken Arrow
A new pilot program will introduce rainbow trout to the Events Park Pond at 21101 E. 101st St. The season begins Dec. 16 and runs through Feb. 28.
Through this new trout stocking pilot program, 225 pounds of fish, which equals approximately 292 trout, will be stocked in the Events Park Pond every two weeks until the end of the season. Broken Arrow Parks and Recreation is partnering with local organizations and individuals to provide three trout fishing clinics scheduled for Jan. 14, Feb. 4, and Feb. 18.
Two fishing derbies are also planned, including a Kid’s Trout Derby on Feb. 18 and a Fish‘em Out Derby set for Feb. 25. The Parks Department is seeking additional
Fishing regulations include:
- One pole or rod and reel per person
- 3 trout per person allowed per day
- No culling (releasing fish caught earlier and kept)
- Bank fishing only (no wading, tubing, or boating)
- Kids under age 16 fish free, and a State-issued Fishing License is required for people over 16.
For more information, go to BrokenArrowOk.gov/Parks-Recreation/Trout Stocking