More details on public meeting for Broken Arrow, Tulsa County road projects
Just a friendly reminder that the City of Broken Arrow and Tulsa County will host a public meeting to discuss current and future roadway projects in and around Broken Arrow on Tuesday, Feb. 28.
The meeting will be held at Vanguard Academy, 3000 East Albany Street, from 6-8 p.m. The public is encouraged to attend.
This is the second joint meeting the city and the county have hosted in the last 18 months to update citizens about roadway improvements.
“We currently have a productive working relationship with the engineers at Tulsa County which benefits the citizens of Broken Arrow,” said City Manager Michael Spurgeon. “I am excited for citizens to hear about the progress and status of the improvements our team has made on the nearly dozen projects in the area and for Tulsa County to update the community on where they are on their projects.”
For updates, subscribe to our free newsletter!
The focus of the road projects will be on those located primarily in northeast Broken Arrow. Widening projects on Garnett Road and 101st Street are also on the list.
Staff will discuss and answer questions about several projects including the various phases and life cycle of each project.
Projects managed by the City of Broken Arrow and expected to be discussed include:
- 23rd Street Improvements from Houston to Kenosha streets
- 23rd Street Improvements from Albany to Omaha streets
- 23rd Street Rehabilitation from Kenosha to Albany streets
- Albany Street Improvements from 9th to 23rd streets
- 37th Street Improvements from Kenosha to Albany streets
- 37th Street Improvements from Houston to Kenosha streets
- 37th Street Improvements from Omaha to Dearborn streets
- Houston Street Improvements from 9th Street to Old Highway 51
Tulsa County-managed projects expected to be discussed include:
- 51st Street from 177th E. Avenue to 193rd E. Avenue
- 51st Street from 162nd E. Avenue to 177th E. Avenue
- 31st Street and 193rd E. Avenue
- 41st Street and 193rd E. Avenue
- Garnett Road from 101st to 91st streets
- 101st Street from Memorial Drive to Garnett Road