What to expect with construction at New Orleans and Elm
Source: City of Broken Arrow
The $4.4 million reconstruction of the intersection at New Orleans Street and Elm Place in south Broken Arrow is set to begin around June 1, and the impacts on traffic are expected to be significant, the city said Tuesday.
Here are some of the details:
- Traffic will be reduced to a single lane in each direction
- Left turns will not be allowed
- The speed limit will be lowered
- There will be traffic cones and workers in the roadways
- Expect slower commutes in this area . Plan ahead
City planners are encouraging motorists to be attentive when driving through the area, keeping their eyes on the road and staying aware of construction workers in the roadway.
Weather permitting, the city expects the project to be completed in 9 months. The public can follow updates on the New Orleans Street and Elm Place Intersection and Streetscapes Improvements pageof the city website.
CLICK BELOW TO WATCH A VIDEO ABOUT THE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT